The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry strongly recommends that children have their first dental visit within six months of the eruption of their first tooth. This initial visit serves as a crucial foundation for your child’s smile journey, establishing a dental home, helping your child build a positive relationship with Dr. Reza Arzegar and helping them develop positive associations with dental care.
When you and your child first arrive at Longhorn Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, you will both be warmly welcomed by our pediatric dentist. After this, we will:
- Review a comprehensive health history of your child and your family
- Discuss your child’s oral habits, including pacifier use, dietary patterns and developmental milestones
- Perform a gentle examination of your child’s teeth and gums
- Note any teeth which may appear in the coming months
- Provide advice and recommendations on brushing and flossing, oral injury prevention, appropriate fluoride usage and dietary choices that support optimal oral health
- Provide you with a detailed overview of your child’s current oral health, and any necessary recommendations about their oral habits, diet, pacifier usage, toothbrushes and toothpaste
Our goal at this first appointment is to ensure we have a comprehensive understanding of your child’s oral health so that we can provide individualized recommendations that meet their specific needs, as well as to give your child the most positive and pleasant dental experience possible so that they will feel more at ease in the future and be able to avoid feelings of anxiety when visiting our office.
Here at Longhorn Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, we believe in a proactive approach to dental care and will work with you to meet your child’s needs and to establish a schedule of regular appointments. Throughout the first visit and every subsequent, we will remain attentive to any questions or concerns you may have, addressing them with expertise and empathy.
Please note that your demeanor as a parent or guardian can significantly influence your child’s experience at the dental office. Maintaining a calm and positive attitude will help your child feel more at ease. Avoiding intimidating language and offering reassuring explanations about the various procedures can go a long way in fostering a positive association with dental visits.
We invite you to call us today at 512-892-2443 if you have any questions or to schedule your child’s first dental appointment in Austin, Texas. We are dedicated to ensuring your child’s oral health journey is a smooth and nurturing one.